7 Weeks to Change Asia: 7 Weeks to Change you!
7 Weeks in Asia is a summer missions challenge for 15 to 25 year olds. This is your opportunity to join a team of missionaries and national leaders in front line ministry across Asia. We've packed all the action of a six-month mission trip, into an intense seven week program.
From our home base in Sriracha, Thailand, you will travel across breathtaking India, into devastated Cambodia, and end up riding elephants through the jungles of Northern Thailand. 30 years of living out the gospel in Asia gives us the foundation to make you a missionary the moment you step off the plane.
If you don't like adventure, challenge, and change, then stay home! In 7 Weeks you'll change more lives than just your own, and we're going to catch it all on camera!
When all is said and done, this is a program that will shape your future, strengthen your character.
Here's how it works:
1. Unplug - leave your devices behind. Clear your mind of the familiar.
2. Connect - to your new team, leaders, and the people who need your gift. Connect with God's heart for the world.
3. Envision - apostolic leaders will impart their best instruction and spiritual guidance to help you grasp your Great Commission destiny.
7 Weeks in Asia is real missions. You will be adding to established works and ongoing fruitfulness in real ministry. You'll be mentored by apostolic leaders who are impacting the nations of Asia.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FOR 7 WEEKS IN ASIA 2014! May 15, 2014 is the deadline for applications and deposits! Please have all your money in by June 20, 2014.
7 WEEKS IN ASIA 2014 FLIGHT ITINERARY: DATE: JULY 04, 2014 - AUGUST 25, 2014. Download Flight Itinerary
Departure Flight YVR > TPE TPE > BKK Economy Class Q CI0033, 2014/07/04 Friday, Departure 16:00, Arrival 19:30 Economy Class Q CI0065, 2014/07/05 Saturday, Departure 22:05, Arrival 00:35 Operating CarrierCI0033 Operating CarrierCI0065 Return Flight BKK > TPE TPE > YVR Economy Class K CI0836, 2014/08/25 Monday, Departure 17:05, Arrival 21:45 Economy Class K CI0032, 2014/08/25 Monday, Departure 23:15, Arrival 19:45
YVR > TPE
TPE > BKK
Economy Class Q CI0033, 2014/07/04 Friday, Departure 16:00, Arrival 19:30
Economy Class Q CI0065, 2014/07/05 Saturday, Departure 22:05, Arrival 00:35
BKK > TPE
TPE > YVR
Economy Class K CI0836, 2014/08/25 Monday, Departure 17:05, Arrival 21:45
Economy Class K CI0032, 2014/08/25 Monday, Departure 23:15, Arrival 19:45
Ministry to the least of these: 2012 Team in Cambodia
Philippines Villages in North Philippines hear the gospel
to let us know of your interest in joining the team.
2.Download our application form , print it off and complete it. Send it to us with your $500 non-refundable deposit; we'll send you your "7 Weeks In Asia 2014" mission pack and will be in touch with details about your flight.
3. Raise $2800 plus the cost of your airfare.**
4. Get a passport and some good travel insurance.
5. Join Facebook and become a friend of Al Purvis, and join the "7 Weeks in Asia" group to keep up with developments, and get to know other team members.
6. Watch 7 Weeks In Asia from Continuum TV's past seasons to better prepare yourself for your trip (click here)!
7. May 15, 2014 is the deadline for applications and deposits! Please have all your money in by June 20, 2014.
First Leg: Thailand
Make your way to the Vancouver International Airport wearing the button we'll send you, and locate Dr. Al Purvis, our 7 Weeks in Asia team leader, who will also be wearing a button.
During our first two weeks we'll be here in Sriracha where you'll be put through rigorous training and formed into an effective missions team. We'll be looking at all the skills you brought with you, assessing your physical fitness, and equipping you for the weeks ahead. You'll be plugging in to the youth ministry called Xtreme and helping with outreaches in schools and prisons around the region.
Second Leg: India
India is like no other place on earth, and we'll be teaming up with Joseph Gaddem and his team in Andhra Pradesh, South India to minister to youth with an exciting conference that aims to transform their Hindu mindsets and bring many to the truth of Jesus Christ.
7 Weeks in Asia: 7 weeks to change the world; 7 weeks to change you.
Third Leg: Cambodia
In Cambodia we'll take you into slums and people of such desperation it will break your heart.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Every year 7 Weeks in Asia becomes a reality television series that airs around the world
- Your family and friends get to watch you live the adventure through our weekly uploads
- You’ll travel by train, boat, tuk tuk, elephant, raft, bus, jeep, and foot.
- Girls are braver than boys (stats based on previous teams)
- Bamboo is used in medicine, flooring and paper. This handy plant will also be used to construct your living quarters in the jungle.
- Thai’s prefer to use a fork or spoon to chopsticks. The only time chopsticks are used are with soup.
- Bangkok’s full name is, “"Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit."
Last Leg: The Jungle
We're heading to the cooler climate of Thailand's northern jungles next. When we run out of roads we'll trek into remote areas where Jesus is barely known. You'll be sleeping in bamboo tents, cooking your own food over open fires, and washing in the beautiful rivers and waterfalls. Fitness is essential here; this isn't a two-day joy trip followed by a nice shower. We're gone for a while so bring a good, light backpack and solid hiking boots. If you can't carry it on your back for 8 hours don't bring it!
Planning To Come
Tell your church, your family, your friends, about your decision to go on "7 Weeks in Asia 2014." Give people an opportunity to support you as you do your part to advance the gospel across Asia! (Anyone who donates will get a donation receipt from World Mission Continuum) When you've paid your $2800 stay connected with us to get the right flight. Once you are here, transportation, accomodation, food, entrance fees, whatever, we've got it covered! Just bring some spending money that you wont have time to spend. Remember, this isn't a holiday; you won't need your phone or ipod so leave them at home. Pack light, you'll be carrying everything on your back. Include something smart to preach in, your swimming things and a towel, some casual clothes, hiking gear and toiletries. We'll make sure you get time to do laundry (though it may be in a river).